[Woodworkers] Advice on hand cut dovetails

Herb Treuil via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sun Jan 15 07:28:39 PST 2017

I have recently gotten motivated to make a few items with hand cut
dovetails.  The how to articles I have read to date show thin pins and wide
tails.  I recognize that using a router bit to cut dovetails defines the
width of the pins, but is there a reason that hand cut dovetails shouldn't
have wider pins that would be sturdier and easier to chisel out?

ps.  Shingles are a bi*%h.  A good friend got them and it left him down and
out for months.  The shot is a few bucks and well worth it.

*Herb Treuil*