[Woodworkers] Protecting wood

Joe Johns via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sat Feb 25 11:36:17 PST 2017

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Clint, our resident Idahoffian wrote:

> I had no idea what a sauerkraut pounder looked like so I bing-ed it. Seems
> like it is basically a club.

​This thread is killing me.  I've heard of telling someone to go pound sand
but go pound sauerkraut?

And Tom wants an 18" pounder - I can clearly hear the conversation of three
woodworkers sitting at a cafeteria table and a girl sitting at a table
behind them who is well within earshot...

"So, Tom, I hear you want a longer pounder."

Ears on the girl at other table tune in

"Yeah, Bill, the pounder I'm using now is only 12" I'm not getting it in
there far enough.  What do you think, Bob?"

"I think you oughta go with the 18" pounder."

Girl at table faints.

What I really wanna know is, what effect does one achieve by pounding their
sauerkraut?

--
Joe,
The Twisted Knot Woodshop, "There's never been a classier joint"