[Woodworkers] Until the next time, Joe

Dave Heitstuman DaveH at sphcontrols.com
Mon Dec 25 12:00:54 PST 2017

I sat in the living room by myself last night thinking about Joe.  I wanted to start something today about his impact on our lives, and Elizabeth has done just that.
E, your thoughts are an excellent beginning.

I still remember when he facilitated getting a used jointer that I had found on CL for me.  My daughter and I went over to pick it up and brought her dog with us.  Her dog does not like men, plain and simple, she really does not like tall loud men.  I think the best way to describe Joe is boisterous, he had a booming voice.  When we got to the TKW we let her out and she whittled and headed right into the shop to check it out.  She never even barked at him.  Sami and I just looked at each other; where was her dog and who was the one we had?
That said so much to me.  They say that dogs are excellent judges of people and I believe that is true.  The fact that Coco just ignored him said volumes.
Then when Sami needed her bathroom done and couldn’t find anyone Joe found time in his schedule to come over and do it.  He was very fair in what he charged and although I had not intended on staying and helping I did.  I am so glad I had that time with him.