[Woodworkers] Christmas present help needed!!

gcw804 at aol.com gcw804 at aol.com
Tue Dec 19 03:01:57 PST 2017

Things are looking better today and a big shout-out and thank you to everyone who weighed in on my panic attack J. Things have progressed better by the end of the day today. This morning I went into the shop to find my rescue attempt had failed and now I had two warped panels. I headed to HD with my moisture meter and checked the MC on the 1x4 cedar and it was 6%. I have to give a huge thank you to Clint for recommending the cedar. This was a home run!! Not only is it dry enough but it is also stable and pretty flat. I’ve never used it before so didn’t realize that they planed the back perfectly smooth and flat but leave the front rough. This is perfect for what I’m trying to do. It virtually eliminates the step to texture the wood! It’s the exact look I was going for. Thanks!

---Chuck
I'm glad that things are looking better for you!

Gary Williams