[Woodworkers] OT Slide scanners

Dave Heitstuman DaveH at sphcontrols.com
Mon Dec 18 12:40:03 PST 2017

I have a ton of slides that I would like to scan and save electronically.  Off and on I search the subject but it seems like you can get everything from inexpensive to several hundred, even a thousand dollars.  From there it gets all complicated in resolution and speed.  I would rather not have to feed one slide at a time.  I've talked to a few fellows I know that are in the same position and they are telling me that they have heard of scanners that are both reasonably priced and they work well but also must be Unicorns because they cannot find them.  The last time I looked I found a couple that were reasonably priced and the initial reviews were good but the more I read the worse the reviews got.
So any experience here?  Does anyone have one they can recommend?  Any other thoughts?
As for price range, that is complicated.  I see this as a onetime use thing, once I have all my slides scanned will I ever need it again?  But it also is technology and I'm sure that there is a point of getting what you paid for.  So initially $200.00?  Maybe as much as $300.00??  Convince me I need to spend just a little more??

Thanks

2Dave