[Woodworkers] Christmas present help needed!!

Chuck Steger chuck.steger at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 12:21:55 PST 2017

Sorry to reply to my own post but I just unclamped and (as expected) is
still warped. By way of more information, there are 9 boards ¾”x3 ½”x 24”.
If you’ve ever worked with construction lumber, they notorious for including
the pith in the boards (and some had it). I knew this so by selective
milling I ended up with 2 quarter sawn, 3 rift sawn, and 4 flat sawn boards.
Part of me says soak the panel with water using a sponge and leave clamped
on the bench but that could make it worse, right? I remember a tip in a
magazine that said if you put a cupped board in the sun, it could un-cup it
(but I don’t remember with side goes up!). You can tell I’m grasping at
straws but, unfortunately, do not have a lot of experimentation time.

Chuck