[Woodworkers] Christmas present help needed!!

Clint Warren clintonwarren at msn.com
Sun Dec 17 12:12:39 PST 2017

So 2x4’s would be 17-19% (but maybe much higher). Do you know what MC wood in your shop naturally gets to? Maybe boards were case hardened (don’t think this is really the right term). Outside really dry and center wetter. Every time you plane and let it sit the warping scenario is reproduced as it dries out unevenly?  Maybe have the boards sit in the shop for much longer before first milling. Just spit balling, not sure.

A thought. You mentioned rustic. Any chance cedar would work? HD has cedar ¾” cedar boards. I’ve used them on some rustic projects (picture frame, bird feeders) and they seemed to be very dry.

clint