[Woodworkers] OT-Electrical

Sid Hymes via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Wed Aug 2 16:12:50 PDT 2017

Based on experience, anything less than a 1500VA UPS is money wasted,
especially since the larger units are now available for $100-125. The laser
draws heavily at start-up and will tax (and often trip) the smaller units.

Generally, it is not recommended to put a laser printer (or scanner) on a
UPS, and especially one shared with a computer. You can always reprint or
rescan a job; you may not be able to recover a corrupted file resulting
from a power failure or brown-out.

Sid