[Woodworkers] Looking for Jet Ski Dock Plans

David Higgins via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sat Sep 10 16:44:03 PDT 2016

Just like building a deck 2" centers on the joists the billets in between the joists, however big you decide to make the dock that will give you how many billets you will need they cut easy with a hand saw. I build near the water dock setting on a couple long 2x4's or more if needed the framing lumber needs to be 2x8's I put just enough deck boards on so the billets don't float up when you shove the dock into the water then finish putting the deck boards on if you build the entire dock on land it will be a bitch to launch. And no I don't use plans but there is probably some on the net. Good luck Herb I didn't buy the billets online one of the lumber yard in my town carried them but I'll bet a yard in your area either has them or will order them the link I put in my original reply has the size of the billets they were 20" wide, 8" thick, 8' long that will give you an idea on how large you want the dock with a 2x8 sub frame joists on 2' centers the billets will set easily into the joist cavities. Dock Builders Supply - Dow Styrofoam Billets

|   |
Dock Builders Supply - Dow Styrofoam Billets
   |  |