[Woodworkers] Sister's Kitchen Bar

via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sat Oct 29 10:31:12 PDT 2016

My sister had a piece of ugly marble from an old coffee table that our
parents bought back in the late 1960's or early 1070's from a  discount chain
that I think was named Woolco. Well anyway she had a small  cottage in the
mountains of western Virginia. No Joe, it's not West Virginia,  but the
western part of Virginia..

So then she tells me like 5 years ago that she wanted a base made, and  I
could just make it out of 2x4's or something. So being who I am, I let  her
know I wasn't going to make it out of 2x4's.

So I came up with a design and here is the finished project. The marble is
20" x 50" to give you some perspective. The first picture is the legs after
 turning, and the second one is once she planted it in the  mountains.

Gary Williams