[Woodworkers] Advice requested?

Joe Johns via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Wed Mar 30 10:47:05 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Tom Lovelace via Woodworkers <
woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org> wrote:

She has requested 8 small bedside tables. Large enough for a small lamp,
> etc.
>

> Got to be Low Cost!

​So, you mean cheap.​

> Looking at metal corner brackets to attach the legs. Cost at the big box
> is approx. $2.50 per. bracket. Need 32 of them!

​Got a picture of or link to these?​

> Question: Cannot a piece of hardwood be cut at a 45 degree angle at each
> end be used for this purpose?

​You mean a leg stuck on the bottom of a table top with a wooden brace
screwed to it and the top?  Yeah, I 'spose you could do that if you intend
on the table falling flat on the floor in about a week or two.

> Just drill a quarter inch hole in the center.
>> Instead of $80 for commercial brackets, these could be done from the
> cut-off bin
> ​.

What is the feeling of the group?

​<Our hero looks around, doesn't see anyone raising their hand and speaks
his mind>  Ummm, I would do something like this...

​​

--
Joe,
The Twisted Knot Woodshop, "There's never been a classier joint"