[Woodworkers] Shotgun Stock Repair

Joe Johns via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Tue Mar 29 05:15:42 PDT 2016

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Herb Treuil wrote:

I really enjoyed watching your video.

​Tks.

> I have one question.  I noticed that when you mixed your sawdust glue and
> stain you used an oil based stain.  Have you ever had any issues mixing oil
> based stain with Titebond glue mixtures?

​Yeah, I know...I said the same thing, "mixing oil with a water based glue
ain't gonna work.  Ages ago I was on a similar project and didn't have any
water based stains (still don't) so I tried oil based out of sheer
inquisitiveness.  I found it takes longer to set but works.

I have not, however, tried it on any joints or repairs involved with stress
so I can't speak about its performance there.

--
Joe,
The Twisted Knot Woodshop, "There's never been a classier joint"