[Woodworkers] Does anyone here have...

Royce Killion via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Wed Mar 16 06:16:23 PDT 2016

On 3/16/2016 7:59 AM, Joe Johns via Woodworkers wrote:
> ...a rotary grinding tool (like a Dremel) with a collet capacity for a
> 1/8" shank AND if you do, do you have any of the tungsten carbide
> burrs like these...

Maybe I do....

> http://tinyurl.com/hdtftjj
>
> ​AND if you do, what are your thoughts and experiences using these burrs.

They work fine.  A little slow depending on what you are doing.  The
also make a rasp style burr that cuts a lot
faster, but gives a rougher finish.

> I will be using these mainly for ww'ing but it would be nice to know
> what other materials y'all have used them on.

Used em' for getting in that tough spot that seems even hard to do with
a file...have used them to make holes
a little bigger in metal. Still work, but I have dulled them that way.

> Lastly, do they dull or wear out easily?

I suppose that depends on what your doing. If it is just little stuff
they would probably last a long time, but if
you are building a full sized model of the titanic you might want to
order at least a couple sets.

Royce