[Woodworkers] Varidrive Belt for Powermatic model 91 Lathe

Joe Johns via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Tue Mar 15 11:53:09 PDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Allen Christ took the time to pen the
following:

I am rebuilding a Powermatic model 91 (Same as a model 90 except with riser
> blocks so belt needs to be longer) wood lathe.

​Wait a minute.  You're rebuilding a model 91 and you're telling us it has
riser blocks.  You then say the belt needs to be longer, which makes
perfect sense, but does that mean you don't have the old belt to measure or
compare?

I am need of a new belt for the variable speed drive and have struck out
> with Powermatic since they no longer support this older machine.

​...we...wheeze...need...gasp...more...cough...input!  Pictures and dims of
the old belt, maybe?

Is this still the Reeves pulley drive system?

> Does anyone know of a source for the special belt used on the Model 91
> variable speed drive system?

​<our hero holds it up>  How long is this piece of string?​

--
Joe,
The Twisted Knot Woodshop, "There's never been a classier joint"