[Woodworkers] Tool Prices

Ben Reese via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Wed Jul 13 14:20:33 PDT 2016

Don't be shy in asking for "a bottom line, cash price".  A lot of folks
list things a little high so that they can haggle. Rather than  say " I'll
think about it, or I'll have to pass" even when they offer their bottom
line price and it is more than you think it's worth, just tell them "this
is what I'm willing to pay since it is used and a new one with a warranty
is only XXX.  And that is cash right now".  Kind of like Kenny Rogers says,
you got to know when to fold em.

Been buying and selling since 2006 when I lost my job in a sell out.
Though I don't claim to know it all, I know what has proven for me.  And
50% or just a little plus is what used tools sell for.  Good luck