[Woodworkers] Last couple of weeks.....

Clint Warren via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Wed Sep 16 06:57:27 PDT 2015

Nice job.   That must have been a lot of work for two weeks.

Wiggle wood?

 clint

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 07:43:08 -0500
To: woodworkers at sawdusters.org
Subject: [Woodworkers] Last couple of weeks.....
From: woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org

This has kept me busy the last couple of weeks...

It is a screen for our local area museum. MONA or the Museum of Nebraska
Art
asked  me to make a 10' tall 36' long curved screen with a 2 foot dip in
the
center for an artist's movie display.

It is wiggle wood over a plywood skeleton, and considering all things it
didn't turn
out to bad.  We were not able to put it together until last evening
because I did
not have the room. The skeleton is screwed and glued together and the
wiggle wood
was stapled to the skeleton. I then had to fill the staple marks and then
because
of the nature of the wiggle wood I put a skim coat of drywall mud over the
whole
surface to get things as smooth as I could.

Of course the floor was far from level and have to go back today to put
some better
shims in one end, but hopefully this will serve their purpose.

Royce

---

Have you ever wondered how the rock, paper and scissors settle an argument?
Woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org

To unsubscribe from this list -
http://lists.sawdusters.org/listinfo.cgi/woodworkers-sawdusters.org