[Woodworkers] A Real Project

Herb Treuil via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Tue Nov 3 14:33:57 PST 2015

That is great work and a beautiful finished product.  Did you rent a crane
to lift the table?  How deep were the bow tie inlays?  I have not used the
water based polyurethane yet.  The final finish is nice.

I just finished my 5th picnic table and 4th set of benches to complete my
50th Eagle Scout project.  Pretty basic stuff, but for kids who have never
held a screw driver or hand saw it was an education.  Today let a 13 year
old kid who is a violin prodigy run a hand held router, drills, a belt
sander and a chop saw.  It was like he discovered gold.  Fortunately his
over protective mom was not there.

It is fall here in Texas with a low of 66 and a high in the mid 70's it is
great weather to open the garage door and work outdoors.

I went back to Louisiana to visit a cousin who just built his own hydraulic
band saw lumber mill using a bulldozer engine for power and scrap parts for
the rest.  He also built a solar powered kiln and is turning out some
beautiful wood stock including cypress timber made out of tree stumps.
Good times.

*Herb Treuil*