[Woodworkers] Share your Tools and Experience

Herb Treuil via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Fri Jul 3 17:13:40 PDT 2015

I do Habitat once a week in the cooler months.  Our smaller crew does set
up.  Saturdays are for the general public to raise walls and help in fund
raising through business donations and team building experiences.

In South Texas it gets pretty hot during the summer. It is a lot cooler in
my garage with fans.  Habitat can be a very rewarding experience if you
work with the right crew.  Mine are retired NASA engineers.  One quarter of
an inch out on a 24 feet wall means you straighten it out.  Great
discipline, we also have a retired builder in our group.  Most volunteers
are older than me.  It makes you feel like the rookie again.

Pretty soon your are looking up videos on installing doors windows and
cabinets. There is a good book out there with tips for building Habitat
homes.  The rest you learn as you go.  Overbook your free time and you can
be selective.

Enjoy the ride.

*Herb *